Report to the Director of Museum Operations
Full-time, Exempt position with benefits
Five days 40 hours per week
Salary: commensurate with experience
- Assist the Director in managing programs of art and tours, including a museum audio tour.
- Develop, organize, and maintain accurate membership and donation programs. Responsibilities include updating membership letters, thank-you letters, and creating an on-line sign up for members.
- Work with the Store Associate in managing the gift shop. Find and order merchandise; design museum-specific souvenirs; build relationship with vendors and consignment vendors; keeping track of its inventory and sales through appropriate software; organize back-stock; create and post signage; keep the shop and front entrance clean and tidy; greet guests and answer questions; promote the gift shop such as contacting travel agencies, tourist boards, journalists, and hotels.
- Team up with the Store Associates to build the museum gift shop (and an on-line store), especially in designing museum souvenirs and securing consignment contracts.
- Collaborate with the staff members, specifically the Marketing Assistant on ideas about promotion, especially on newsletters, brochures, social media, traditional advertisements, Wikipedia page, website and others.
- Organize programs, events, and be an important conduit of IAMA in its communication with outside entities including government entities, business entities/vendors, other museums, schools, travel agencies, hotels, community organizations, and local/national media for promotion and collaboration.
- Write program and event proposals for the Director and Board of Directors.
- Look into grant opportunities appropriate for the museum and write grant application. If application is successful, a percentage of the grant is awarded to the writer.
- Organize the Asian Heritage Month celebration activities, such as street booth and events.
- Input email addresses into MailChimp and assist with the IAMA newsletter.
- Proofread pamphlets, press releases, and promotional literature.
- Work with Administrative Assistant on administrative projects. Be a back-up for the Administrative Assistant and learn administrative duties in running the museum.
- Work with Program Interns.
- Cover lunches and breaks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.